ThePullingPlace.com

ThePullingPlace.com (https://www.thepullingplace.com/forum/index.php)
-   Traction Bars (https://www.thepullingplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Mounting of.... (https://www.thepullingplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887)

TNRGreene 02-26-2009 10:33 AM

Mounting of....

Traction bars. Everybody seems to mount them on the bottom of the axle. Is that out of laziness or functionality? What is the theory behind it? Why shouldn't they be mounted on top of the axle?
Discuss

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

dieselbeef 02-26-2009 10:45 AM

the roatating action of the rear pushes upward on the truk pushin the rear down...if theyre made right..theoretically...i think...maybe...:pound:

TNRGreene 02-26-2009 10:50 AM

correct but if you were to mount them on top & angle the frame mounting points lower then the axle mounting point, wouldn't it push(leverage) down on the front end more?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

dieselbeef 02-26-2009 11:15 AM

they would hafta be pretty low and the front wheels are so far away that the leverage wouldnt work out...and then theyd be liftin on the rear axle as it tried to roll

TNRGreene 02-26-2009 11:23 AM

lifting the rear doesn't matter much when the sled is on

dieselbeef 02-26-2009 11:38 AM

seperation would be yer issues at that point i think

SSpeeDEMONSS 02-26-2009 11:41 AM

it would not work properly. you wouldnt want to try to pull the front down like that.

but hey, what do i know, maybe it would work. go try it.

Garrett

TNRGreene 02-26-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS (Post 7590)
it would not work properly. you wouldnt want to try to pull the front down like that.

Why not if I can get force down on the front end without weights? Not argueing either way just have not seen proof it would not work. That's why I put discuss :D

JIT 02-26-2009 11:45 AM

The rear end rotates upward under torque not down. For instance, when you see a ford break the rear axle the pinion goes up not down. :D

TNRGreene 02-26-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIT (Post 7592)
The rear end rotates upward under torque not down. For instance, when you see a ford break the rear axle the pinion goes up not down. :D

yes I know that. That is the discussion. Why would it not "force" down if mounted on top & low enough near the front of thr truck