P-pump Powerstroke project. - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Sled Pulling Chatter > Builds/Projects
Forgot Password?
Builds/Projects Post up what you are working on

ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Moulder

Default P-pump Powerstroke project.

I haven't started to do any building yet just collecting parts. I'm first going to just get it running with the stock short block and stock relocated turbo. I am also thinking of replacing the ag gov with a truck gov in the beginning (kind of backwards, I know). I've got three powerstrokes to work with, I just hope I don't go through all three of them. Anyway here is a few pictures of what I have to work with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_bd322658e1b74d298cad16c7d991ee3e.jpg (31.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg l_f898948e641e8ca5e8def6954b73473f.jpg (55.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg l_ffa0bb4e3885b09f407acb98e93be597.jpg (58.6 KB, 40 views)
Moulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
2wpuller
Tire Changer

It's alway's good to see some one start on a new prodject keep us posted.And good luck.

Dale
Sponsors
GoerendTransmission
Haisley Machine
MCS MidwestPerformanceDiesel
ShowMePerformance
[/FONT]
2wpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
fordt
Administrator

Awesome! I can't wait to see some more pictures of the build. Keep us posted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 44' Eliminator

Powered By -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shined By -

fordt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
Sledpuller500
Super Moderator

Good luck! You will have a lot of fun before, during, and after the build!!

2004.5 Dodge Cummins Green Filter, AFE Intake tube, Banks High Ram Intake, SMARTY REVO,FASS 150/150, SBC DD 3850# Iron giant! Schied Port polish, Schied Oversized exhaust valves and seats,80lbs valve springs, O-ringed ARP studded Head, ARP Studded Mains, Custom Schied Comp cam, Schied Shot Peen HD Rod, Bored .040 over and custom fly cut piston, DDP 90hp Sticks, Holset Charger
Sledpuller500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
BullfrogJohnson

What did you get the pump off of?

B&B Pulling Team
BullfrogJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #6
Moulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullfrogJohnson View Post
What did you get the pump off of?
It's off of a larger International V-8. Just be carful on what engine you source a pump from because some will only run on 4 cylinders until the extra power is needed. I don't know what it would take to change one of these kind of pumps over. Does anyone know some one who can do custom nozzels for 8.3 cummins injectors? These are the ones I plan on using but I need the correct spray pattern.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
BullfrogJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulder View Post
It's off of a larger International V-8. Just be carful on what engine you source a pump from because some will only run on 4 cylinders until the extra power is needed. I don't know what it would take to change one of these kind of pumps over. Does anyone know some one who can do custom nozzels for 8.3 cummins injectors? These are the ones I plan on using but I need the correct spray pattern.
I would talk to shied or haisley or CDS about the injectors. Thats gonna be one bad mofo when it done

B&B Pulling Team
BullfrogJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Otts

How much did you have to give for the pump?
Otts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #9
Moulder

I'll put it this way it was newly rebuilt and I almost stole it. It's just the other parts that are going to hurt the pocket book. I've been emailing wipe out about parts for the conversion (I'm in Mexico working at the moment). If I can swing it I'm going to try to get everything I need to get it running while I am home. I want to see how it will act on the street first with mild injectors, a truck gov., and stock turbo. Of course I'll have to slide the plate forward and add a gsk to it. It sounds kind of funny saying your going to slide the plate on a powerstoke

Last edited by Moulder; 03-30-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
Moulder

There isn't a whole lot going on this time that I am in. I was suspose to have 28 days off but only got 2 weeks (less than one week left now). I'm currently waiting for wipe out to return my call so I can order my timing cover and gear set for this engine. Unless something comes up I should have time to get the engine I plan on using first pulled from the truck (international chassie). If get it pulled I'll take a couple of pictures. Ok right now I've got some questions, all of the pulling I have done has been on antique tractors. So truck pulling is new to me. The truck that I'm turning into a puller is a factory diesel truck with an automatic. For pulling would I be better off switching to a manual transmission or keeping and building up the auto? If I should switch to a manual would you go with a ZF or a 4500? It is a F-250 so I plan on switching a dana 60 under the front, but what axle would you run under the rear? What would be a good set of gears to switch to I was thinking of at least 4.10's but what about 5.13's? It might get driven on the street just a bit for fun (around town) but it is going to be a dedicated pulling truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement