Mounting of.... - Page 3 - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Sled Pulling Chatter > Traction Bars
Forgot Password?
ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #21
6.0superduty
Powerstroke Puller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIT View Post
My Yugo had that set-up and with 145-25R13 Sumitomo Radials I never had a problem with traction.
Thats because any car with 45hp wont have a traction issue

CODE RED (Sold)
04 6.0 CC SRW
some pullin goodies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 FATC Street Diesel Champion

Troyers Diesel Performance
Specializing In Superdutys

B & B Pulling Team

Hookin Ain't Easy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6.0superduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
SSpeeDEMONSS
Tire Changer

you can set a 4 link up to have a lot of lift on the rear end. you can also have it set up to have no lift.

as you said, its all in the set up.

Garrett

SSpeeDEMONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 AM   #23
MoPower05
Super Moderator

What angle should these bars be ? (same as drive shaft, frame,does it matter)

What length is best?

Can they be too long, too short, too heavy?

Or does the angle determine the length ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
2005 dodge 4x4,2500 silver sport, cummins of course, motor new 3-9-09, gen2 header, ARP studs, DDP injectors, edge hot w/A2, 4" silverline, custom intake, gauges, turbo timer, r&p 4.11, short bed dually.(tow truck)

2005 dodge 4x4, white flat bed, cummins 3500 qc, drw (puller
)

Silly gassers, pulling is for smokers.

For the latest pull video goto:

GDP (Gota Dodge Puller)
MoPower05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #24
cuminstrkmydmax
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPower05 View Post
What angle should these bars be ? (same as drive shaft, frame,does it matter)

What length is best?

Can they be too long, too short, too heavy?

Or does the angle determine the length ?
The longer the better- on my CCLB Duramax they will be 7' 1'' eye to eye, putting them almost parallel to the ground when they are mounted! The shorter you go, the more binding issues you have- giving alot rougher ride. I dont see how they could be too heavy though. GOOD LUCK- Steven
cuminstrkmydmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #25
SSpeeDEMONSS
Tire Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuminstrkmydmax View Post
The longer the better- on my CCLB Duramax they will be 7' 1'' eye to eye, putting them almost parallel to the ground when they are mounted! The shorter you go, the more binding issues you have- giving alot rougher ride. I dont see how they could be too heavy though. GOOD LUCK- Steven
my CCSB are 7'1".

Garrett

SSpeeDEMONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #26
6.0superduty
Powerstroke Puller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuminstrkmydmax View Post
thats what she said

CODE RED (Sold)
04 6.0 CC SRW
some pullin goodies

B & B Pulling Team

Hookin Ain't Easy!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #27
dieselbeef
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0superduty View Post
thats what she said
only til she seen it

dieselbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #28
6.0superduty
Powerstroke Puller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
only til she seen it

CODE RED (Sold)
04 6.0 CC SRW
some pullin goodies

B & B Pulling Team

Hookin Ain't Easy!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #29
getblown5.9
Tire Changer

Send a message via AIM to getblown5.9

with leaf springs, if you mount the bar on top of the axle, the bottom of the axle will want to roll forward still.

here is the thing tho, tubing when under compression forces (bottom mounted) will want to deflect. when in tension (top mounted) its not going to deflect. to over come this problem you go with a heavy enough tube when bottom mounted to prevent the deflection, or go with a triangulated and shackle mounted "ladder" bar set-up.

i had the problem of deflection last year, my bars were made of a smaller thin wall tubing and i have pictures and video showing it bending into a slight arc under full force. i am now building a set of much heavier and longer bars that will not deflect.

Run your truck, not your mouth.
getblown5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #30
dieselbeef
Team Owner

i saw that at the pulls this weekend..cept they didnt bend backstrait...looked not so good

dieselbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement