usi skis - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > General Site Information > The Polling Place
Forgot Password?
The Polling Place Area for official TPP polling and voting.

ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
voher
Rookie

Default usi skis

Got a chance to test the new usi-skis 'SS Railer' today, in the same conditions we had tested the USI 'SPX' ski, just a couple of weeks back. The SS Railer was named appropriately, as it had our project FXR F7 on rails! The biggest difference we found between the differenet styles of ski's was the railer ski refused to 'catch' in the off trail snow when cornering. In the 'SPX' review ( which is in the forums here with the project sled) We mentioned that when cornering in decent snow, the SPX wanted to dig in "HARD", to the point that you felt you were going over the bars :P . The 'SS Railer' ski when pushed hard into a corner simply kept carving, and the skis kept our sled stable and more predictable. We were 'so' impressed with the new SS Railer ski's we had to keep making passes on wide flat corners to see just how much they'd take before catching, and upsetting the direction of the sled.
voher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
sorex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by voher View Post
Got a chance to test the new usi-skis 'SS Railer' today, in the same conditions we had tested the USI 'SPX' ski, just a couple of weeks back. The SS Railer was named appropriately, as it had our project FXR F7 on rails! The biggest difference we found between the differenet styles of ski's was the railer ski refused to 'catch' in the off trail snow when cornering. In the 'SPX' review ( which is in the forums here with the project sled) We mentioned that when cornering in decent snow, the SPX wanted to dig in "HARD", to the point that you felt you were going over the bars :P . The 'SS Railer' ski when pushed hard into a corner simply kept carving, and the skis kept our sled stable and more predictable. We were 'so' impressed with the new SS Railer ski's we had to keep making passes on wide flat corners to see just how much they'd take before catching, and upsetting the direction of the sled.
i dont want this to be yet another aftermarket ski thread. I have searched and read every aftermarket sk post and i have come to a conclusion that i want usi skis. but from there i'm not sure, i have heard good about ss railers, project x, and spx's. i would like to no from people who have experienced it hemselves. not just blatent statements saying that their mothers brothers kid's dog's owner had used them, and he said they suck, go c&a..... yes, that what i dont need, i'm set on usi skis... thanks for the help
sorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
miores
Rookie

but seriously....I feel the C&A ski is suprior over the USI, its lighter, and corners better than the USI's...I had a set of usis on my prowler, swapped them for a set of old slp ultralights big improvement....the USI's imo were the same as stock...weight and turning....now C&A AD or better will be a great improvement over the stockers. not to mention they look better...here are mine....not on the sled yet....
miores is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2020, 03:46 AM   #4
pronosoft
Rookie

but seriously....I feel the ki is suprior over the USI, its lighter, and corners better than the USI's...I had a set of usis on my prowler, swapped them for a set of old slp ultralights big improvement....the USI's imo were the same as stock...weight and turning....now C&A AD or better will be a great improvement over the stockers. not to mention they look better...here are mine....not on the sled yet....
pronosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #5
qtix
Windshield Washer

i would like to no from people who have experienced it hemselves. not just blatent statements saying that their mothers
qtix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement