FYI On The ProComp Extreme A/T's - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Sled Pulling Chatter > Diesel Pulling Tires & Wheels
Forgot Password?
Diesel Pulling Tires & Wheels Discuss anything related
Sponsored by Discount Tire

ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
1JP
Team Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to 1JP
Default FYI On The ProComp Extreme A/T's

(Figured I would share this with the Floridians) My buddy had a pretty sweet 05 Powerstroked Ford. 7" of lift, 35" ProComp Extreme A/T's, dual exhaust with 56K on the truck. Last weekend while cruising down Route 08 (North Western Connecticut) after exit 42 northbound just after the straightaway, with his 30 day old daughter strapped in, he suffered a left front tire blow out at about 70mph. Through a metal post guide rail and off a steep embankment this is what's left. I guess there is a problem with these tires, nothing on the recall list as of yet. He sent me these pics to share with ya.

17K on the tires, the front left began to break apart at 70. He felt and heard two slaps against his front fender and then the Ford went for a ride that nobody wants to go on.

05' Dodge 3500 Q-Cab 4x4 SLT SRW 48RE
1JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
1JP
Team Owner

He's a little banged up, his daughter is fine. As he heard and felt the second slap on his left front fender, he reached back and checked to see if his daughter's seat was tight and the truck then veered hard to the left, sending him through that guide rail and off the embankment. I think someone was watching over those two last Saturday.

After he sent me the pics, I found this frightening link http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ro+comp+recall

Last edited by 1JP; 10-20-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:54 AM   #3
dieselbeef
Team Owner

cummins forum has somethin on it too i think..glad his daughter and him are okay...that sucks ass bad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dieselbeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
1JP
Team Owner

I was going to post it there as well.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
6.0superduty
Powerstroke Puller

im glad to know they were both OK. I have heard of some tires just seperating from the tread cap like that. More or less its just an odd occurance though.

CODE RED (Sold)
04 6.0 CC SRW
some pullin goodies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 FATC Street Diesel Champion

Troyers Diesel Performance
Specializing In Superdutys

B & B Pulling Team

Hookin Ain't Easy!

6.0superduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
solostyle
Team Owner

Thats great to hear..just put a set of 35's on my mothers truck!

~CopeCustoms Crew~

~DieselInjected Truck Club~
solostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
dieselbeef
Team Owner

tell morse fergit those comps on his truck

dieselbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
2wd_sled_puller
<<< MY day job

Holy hold my beer batman im glad everyone is ok. With the tire having that many miles on them thats gonna be hard to beat in court if he takes it that far

Valair clucth Air dog, soon to be sct tuned

97 chevy 2500

5 tons running gear, 54 inch tires, and a slighty tuned motor
2wd_sled_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
JIT
Never First

Glad to hear everyone is OK! Alot can happen to a tire in 17k miles but I have never seen one seperate like a recap with only 17k on it.

Fear the HoodStack

"Beating a Ford is like winning at the Special Olympics. Not really something worth bragging about!"

|
|
JIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Gen 1/2
Tire Groover

Angry procomp

I'll never buy another set! the same thing happened to me just a year ago I was doin 75 on I-75 northbound and felt somethin was wrong got it down to about 60 before it blow out it was the drive rear tire less then 10000 on them
Procomp told me sol
Gen 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement