looking for a trubo finally...whatta ya think - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Dodge Diesel & Truck Discussion > 5.9L cummins (1998.5-2002)
Forgot Password?
5.9L cummins (1998.5-2002) 24 valve trucks 98.5-2002 Double the valves... electronically controlled injection

ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
dieselbeef
Team Owner

Default looking for a trubo finally...whatta ya think

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have had a lotta good rap with dave at bd but the only other turbo ive ever reall y hard anything good about is the ii silver.
i tow a 28 ft toy hauler and a reaaalllly heavy backhoe,26000lbs maybe w trailer. but not often. also i haul crushed shell about 28000 gross on the scale. hay load maybe 12000lbs of hay.
i only have rv inj and i dont wanna turn my truck into a slow spooling smoky pig. but i will be adding inj later

turbo selection is such a mystery or maybe its not im just dont know enough about it. i have been told many times i need more air not more fuel.
SO!!! ive got a sign on bonus comin from our new contract...

any reason why i shouldnt buy daves from bd....wish it was big enough for a set of twins but i really dont have that much cash...gotta stay under 2 grand totally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dieselbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dieselbeef for this Pulling Place addition.
flintstone (07-23-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
JIT
Never First

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
any reason why i shouldnt buy daves from bd....wish it was big enough for a set of twins but i really dont have that much cash...gotta stay under 2 grand totally
I would buy the Suber B Single. (S300) then when you have the money for twins you can just buy thier upgrade kit for $2800 and you'll already have the secondary on your truck.

Fear the HoodStack

"Beating a Ford is like winning at the Special Olympics. Not really something worth bragging about!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
JIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
dieselbeef
Team Owner

that has been a thought...

i like bd too daves really good guy...

im surprised you actually had a reply w/o being a smartass jit..thanks

im lookin around though. my post on the cummins and comp d forum are takin me right back to confused as hell...for the money and ease of install though...bd looks awful good

Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
BullfrogJohnson

I dont know how the BD acts on a Dodge but I know they are junk on a Chevy and have alot of issues.

I second an s300 but with your towing situation I would really look into saving your money for twins

B&B Pulling Team
BullfrogJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
JIT
Never First

Quote:
im surprised you actually had a reply w/o being a smartass jit..thanks
Sorry to dissapoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullfrogJohnson View Post
I dont know how the BD acts on a Dodge but I know they are junk on a Chevy and have alot of issues.

I second an s300 but with your towing situation I would really look into saving your money for twins
The BD super B is an S300 variant. Great Turbo for the $.

Fear the HoodStack

"Beating a Ford is like winning at the Special Olympics. Not really something worth bragging about!"

|
|
JIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
dieselbeef
Team Owner

one of these!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 049.JPG (39.4 KB, 14 views)

Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
edged dodge
Team Owner

Send a message via AIM to edged dodge

How much are you planning on spending on that turbo?
edged dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
dieselbeef
Team Owner

its already on

Old 05-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
G D P
Team Owner

iis told me that their 2.6 sliver bullet makes 65 more hp than any other 2.6 on the market. maybe thats why nicks wouldent pass tech

Home Of The F.A.F. Product Line.

Last edited by G D P; 05-14-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling
G D P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
getblown5.9
Tire Changer

Send a message via AIM to getblown5.9

IIS is full of sh!t too...i ran the 66mm silver bullet and first off it wouldnt pass a 2.6 class. and secondly it was low on power. i watched 62 and 64mm chargers beat me on the dyno due to the slow spool of the 66.

Run your truck, not your mouth.
getblown5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement