Mounting of.... - Page 4 - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Sled Pulling Chatter > Traction Bars
Forgot Password?
ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #31
JIT
Never First

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
i saw that at the pulls this weekend..cept they didnt bend backstrait...looked not so good
That wasnt on my truck was it? I have watched video of my runs to see if my bars are bending but havent seen anything yet. There is a good video on Mikes youtube acount of Leons traction bars bent so far under load they almost touch the ground.

Fear the HoodStack

"Beating a Ford is like winning at the Special Olympics. Not really something worth bragging about!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
JIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #32
1JP
Team Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to 1JP

No, it was the other red 2nd Gen that had the left side bar bend. I found two pics, (night and without flash so the second one shows a lot of motion) the first shows the bar straight and the second when he started to pull you can actually make out the wave in the bar. I don't know if it went back into shape after the pull on this run. But I do remember seeing that thing tweaked

05' Dodge 3500 Q-Cab 4x4 SLT SRW 48RE
1JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #33
dieselbeef
Team Owner

i was thinkin it was a green or blue truk..but it might have been the red one..it was doin some serious bending tho bout halftrack...

i think thats part of the length discussion we had on another post. too long? or mtd too far forward. but the short one swill bind. my racecar once had homemade ladders..they bound up like crazy and ruined the car..i eventually took em off for a pinion snubber

dieselbeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #34
kydmaxpuller
Windshield Washer

my bars are solid drill rod, not tubing. theyll bend the frame before they brake
Old 03-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #35
JIT
Never First

I would like to 4-link my rear end... going to the center of the axle on top like a "V" back up to the frame!

Fear the HoodStack

"Beating a Ford is like winning at the Special Olympics. Not really something worth bragging about!"

|
|
Old 03-25-2009, 05:26 PM   #36
6.0superduty
Powerstroke Puller

The blue second gen was the one with bent bars. They didnt bend back either...

kydmaxpuller, isn't a heavy walled DOM tubing stronger than solid stock?

CODE RED (Sold)
04 6.0 CC SRW
some pullin goodies

2009 FATC Street Diesel Champion

Troyers Diesel Performance
Specializing In Superdutys

B & B Pulling Team

Hookin Ain't Easy!

6.0superduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #37
getblown5.9
Tire Changer

Send a message via AIM to getblown5.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIT View Post
I would like to 4-link my rear end... going to the center of the axle on top like a "V" back up to the frame!
why? thats not gonna do anything but bind up with leaf springs

Run your truck, not your mouth.
getblown5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #38
JIT
Never First

Quote:
Originally Posted by getblown5.9 View Post
why? thats not gonna do anything but bind up with leaf springs
We did it to a lifted CTD and it worked great. no axle wrap! Traction bars to the bottom of the axle like mine and then the two on top running to the center above the diff. plus if you break and axle your not likely to rotate the diff and cause more carnage.

Fear the HoodStack

|
|
Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
1JP
Team Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to 1JP

Technically, if you're 4-linking the rear you're doing away with the leaf springs. The only issue would be the fuel tank and the upper arms in that double triangulated setup

05' Dodge 3500 Q-Cab 4x4 SLT SRW 48RE
1JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #40
Paul H
Windshield Washer

You can use 4 link with leaf springs and even solid ladder bars, the eazy way is to make the ladder bars solid to the axle and make slip rings for the axle housing to rotate freely in on the spring perch.

The leaf springs hold the truck up and thats it the bars hold the axle in position. But there is no binding between the ladder bar or spring.

Thornville,Ohio

2004 Ford F350 6.0L Dualie 230,000 miles with Edge Insight, Early Build 8/03 with 03 engine 20 mpg running empty

1996 Ford F350 7.3L Dualie 340,000 milesTony Wildman custom burn,5 inch stacks, Diesel Hot Rod

1995 Ford F250 7.3l 4X4 5spd sled puller

FOKISD CLUB MEMBER
Paul H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement