DYNO DAY Sarasota/Bradenton - Page 3 - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Sled Pulling Chatter > Dyno
Forgot Password?
Dyno Post up Dyno #'s

ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #21
HammerDownHauling
Tire Groover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRGreene View Post
Or a no load dyno will?

yea, no load means no boost (read: less boost) Leon was at 40PSI on that dyno, on the track and on the sled he pushes way more than that.

I will agree that a STOCK turbo can boost fairly well without a load.

What i was saying was that even with the shift spike (higher #) is should still be less than if the truck had optimal boost which would be achieved (sp?) by having a load on it.
HammerDownHauling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #22
TNRGreene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDownHauling View Post
yea, no load means no boost (read: less boost) Leon was at 40PSI on that dyno, on the track and on the sled he pushes way more than that.

I will agree that a STOCK turbo can boost fairly well without a load.

What i was saying was that even with the shift spike (higher #) is should still be less than if the truck had optimal boost which would be achieved (sp?) by having a load on it.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here
More boost does not always mean more HP. You can have way more HP with less boost the a truck actually sees sometimes. It's all about the maps not always boost. People like large boost numbers & equate that to HP, it's not always that way.

Boost & horsepower go hand in hand to a point. Too much boost can result in less HP

A shift spike on a dyno is always a much higher reading no matter what kind on dyno you are on. I will agree though you may not get as much boost as on the street. That is why the drag strip tells the real HP story. Way too much is made about dynos. The real test is at the track whether it be drags or pulling sleds.

Below is JMO:
Based on some posted 1/4 mile times on some of the trucks that were there that dyno was pretty close.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Thanks to TJ, Steve, MA, Trippin & McRat Racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greene's Performance Diesel
Building winners since 2004
Home of:
~B & B Pulling Team
~2008 SFTP Street Diesel Champion- BLACKBALLED
~2008 SFTP Outlaw Diesel champion- FREIGHTTRAIN
~2009 FATC Street Diesel Champion- CODE RED
~2009 FATC Outlaw Diesel Champion BLACKBALLED

United We Smoke

Run your truck, not your mouth
TNRGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #23
solostyle
Team Owner

that dyno was real close. When i got on dunbars dyno back in alabama, my truck put down 612hp. That was when my truck was running a consistant 12.6 and would hit an occasional 12.5. Bobby's truck now runs the same times my truck did and his truck put down the same exact HP as mine did. A shift spike will put down more HP than the truck really has. Back months ago, Mike's dually spiked just a hair under 700hp. That means that truck will run a 12.2-12.3 in the 1/4. Thats pretty darn fast, but i would have to see it. If your dyno sheet doesnt have a smooth power curve, then i would never consider it a good run IMO.

~CopeCustoms Crew~

~DieselInjected Truck Club~
solostyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
HammerDownHauling
Tire Groover

For anyone interested there is another Dyno day being put on by SRQ Racing.net this saturday. they said $50 for three runs, but if you are a member of their forum you can run for $25 for three runs. Id sign up over there to save the $25 if anyone is going. Heres the link: http://afterhoursdiesel.com/forum/vi...php?f=34&t=841
HammerDownHauling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement