Bad Injector? - ThePullingPlace.com
ThePullingPlace.com

Go Back   ThePullingPlace.com > Ford Diesel & Truck Discussion > 2003-2007 6.0L Power Stroke
Forgot Password?
2003-2007 6.0L Power Stroke General Discussion about the 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel.

ThePullingPlace.com is the premier Truck/Tractor Sled Pulling Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
BullfrogJohnson

Default Bad Injector?

My buddies Dad has a 05 and it has a hard starting problem and once it cranks up it smoke bad. Not coolant smoke but fuel smoke. We have replaced the EGR and have had all the updates and reflashes done but nothing has fixed it. The truck initially threw a egr code but now is throwing injector codes very intermittently.

I have a feeling it has a injector but I have no idea of how to find out which one. I am not a 6.0 guy so please dont make fun for asking a silly question.

Thanks
Travis

B&B Pulling Team
BullfrogJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
wrongway

Any good scanner can tell you which injector it is. Kinda sounds like a FICM problem. I just done one the other day that had a very long crank time and the FICM was at fault. Pull the codes and let me know what they are and I'll see if I can help. Gary
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
BullfrogJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway View Post
Any good scanner can tell you which injector it is. Kinda sounds like a FICM problem. I just done one the other day that had a very long crank time and the FICM was at fault. Pull the codes and let me know what they are and I'll see if I can help. Gary
Thanks Gary, I will get my buddy to pull the codes and get back to you

B&B Pulling Team
BullfrogJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
WHITEPOWERstrok
Team Owner

ive gotta set of stock injectors (4 have less than 100 miles, other 4 have less than 500 miles). $900 takes all for those

or ive gotta set of 190cc injectors that have less than 100 miles, practically brand new.

lemme know if he's interested in either of those...
Road Armor Stealth front-rear Bumpers/AMP Powersteps
Recon Smoked LED everything/Smoked LED 1 pc Headlights
ARP headstuds/EGR Delete/SCT Xcal3 Custom Tuned/RCD's 190's/maybe some other stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WHITEPOWERstrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
6.0superduty
Powerstroke Puller

like Gary said, run an injector buzz test when the motors cold.

CODE RED (Sold)
04 6.0 CC SRW
some pullin goodies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 FATC Street Diesel Champion

Troyers Diesel Performance
Specializing In Superdutys

B & B Pulling Team

Hookin Ain't Easy!

6.0superduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Paul H
Windshield Washer

I have seen stiction problems, wire harness problems, the FICM gives you a good ammount of info when you scan it with auto ingenuity. should show what injector circit is either high (open) or low (shorted). Also check the FICM itself for correct voltages key on before start, during cranking , and running a weak FICM can cause all sorts of things like studder or miss fires.

Thornville,Ohio

2004 Ford F350 6.0L Dualie 230,000 miles with Edge Insight, Early Build 8/03 with 03 engine 20 mpg running empty

1996 Ford F350 7.3L Dualie 340,000 milesTony Wildman custom burn,5 inch stacks, Diesel Hot Rod

1995 Ford F250 7.3l 4X4 5spd sled puller

FOKISD CLUB MEMBER
Paul H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement